IS GENESIS HISTORY? Our family has always believed and treated the Bible as our most trusted source of History. We like to call it HIS-story. As a matter of a fact, Paul dislikes hearing anyone call illustrations or retelling of the Bible simply "Bible Stories". To us, and we believe this is backed by archaeology and historians more and more, it is all Bible FACT. Creation Science, Origins, and Age of the Earth are all based on the book of Genesis. Even unbelieving scientists will often reference the Bible when it suits them to do so. In this documentary Dr. Del Tackett does an excellent job exploring the various branches of science in an effort to show how our predispositions mold our interpretation of the evidence.
IS GENESIS HISTORY? features over a dozen scientists and scholars explaining how the world intersects with Genesis. From rock layers to fossils to lions to stars, this fascinating film will change the way you see the world. The film shines new light on our origins, providing a positive case for creation in six normal days, a real Adam and Eve, a global flood, and a tower of Babel. Dr. Del Tackett, creator of “The Truth Project,” serves as your guide—hiking through canyons, climbing up mountains, and diving below the sea—in an exploration of two competing views … one compelling truth.
- From our 25 year old, "The fact that they didn't try to use polysyllabic words to convey great erudition..." This was understandable to all ages.
- The 17 year old's favorite part was from the aquarium with the sharks. All through the fossil record, sharks are still sharks.
- From our 15 year old, "I liked the guy who was in the Natural History Museum with the dinosaurs. I liked the way the scientist explained things." This is a real complement because I make them watch LOTS of documentaries.
- The 14 year old loved the beginning with the Grand Canyon. He liked the way they explained the layers. Some of the names were funny especially in the accent of the scientist explaining it. The white rock is called Coconino and the red rock is Schnebly Hill formations.
- Ten year old Princess loved the zoo animals. The video quality in this production was gorgeous! The animals were beautiful and the colors were so vibrant we almost felt like we were right there with the men as they were talking.
Our family was definitely impressed with this documentary. IS GENESIS HISTORY? is a relevant question in our day and age. The information is backed up with a wonderful list of resources, a study guide, a Devotional Bible Study and more.
- Educational resources
- Videos and photos
- Film guide
- YouVersion companion study available online or via YouVersion (The Bible) app
and follow them for extra interviews and more on:
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.