Motherhood is a constant balancing act. Meals, housekeeping, child training, & marriage maintenance, among other things are hard to juggle.
DON'T try to "balance". It doesn't work. Fit as much together as possible. Let your life, homeschool/activities, & business overlap on each other. The book / curriculum I "wrote" was a school project I blogged about during a very busy time in my life with two high schoolers, 3 grade schoolers, & a toddler PLUS dealing with grandpa... cRaZy time in my life! I meshed as much together as possible.
Job 31:6 Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine integrity.
- Carefully plan extra activities. Don't allow yourself to be over scheduled away from your home. There are so many activities that are "good" for your children, but few that are "best" for them. Choose wisely, with prayer and careful consideration with your husband.
- Keep simple daily routines that you can keep up with each morning and evening.
- Keep communication open with your husband, daily sharing gratitude and appreciation.
- Use resources economically and frugally. Be willing to sacrifice, splurging on small delights that the whole family can enjoy.
- Laugh often and Love deeply. We never know when it will be a last day for someone we love.
Rather than "balance"; believe that every interruption and frustration has a purpose in growing your family stronger in character and closer to Him and each other.
Last week's most clicked:
After my Coffee! Opens at 11 am CST on Thursdays. I've tried to make the Rules simple: