A friend of mine says, "There is no such thing as 'Writer's Block'. It just means you need to be doing something different for a little while." ...like research, outlining, editing... I agree with her.
I have a similar theory about atheists. I don't believe in atheists. There's no such thing as an atheist. I'm serious. An atheist is someone who doesn't want to believe in God. There are many reasons why a person would not want to believe in God.
- Atheists don't want to be accountable to anyone for their actions. (sins)
- Atheists are mad at God, often having not properly worked through grief.
- Atheists find God to be inconvenient. They don't have time for Him, so would rather ignore and deny His existence.
- Atheists are afraid to admit they believe in God. They would lose their job or social place.
I may not be covering all the variations. It only really comes down to two things though. Y'shua (Jesus) said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." in Matthew 22:37-40
If someone doesn't love God with all his being, he will have trouble keeping his heart in the right place and his mind and body under control. Of course, his soul is lost and he feels it. He's searching for something he can never quite grasp. This overflows into Loving Your Neighbour" When a person isn't fulfilled in life, they will tend to be inconsiderate, impatient, and inconsistent.
What a sad place to be...
- Humble yourself. Know your sin. Repent.
- Grieve over the wrongs. Everything wrong in this world is a consequence for someone's actions or lack there of. Not to blame, but to accept the state a world that has turned it's back on the protection of The Creator.
- Realize eternity is forever. This life is short. Use it wisely, not worrying about where you are in it or what others think of you. Rather, consider the impact you want to leave.
...thoughts for the week...
We had some wonderful links last week! It was hard for me to pick favorites. These are the most clicked links. If you missed is last week, please visit THIS POST and read some of the wonderful devotions and fun articles that were left.
After my Coffee! Opens at 11 am CST on Thursdays. I've tried to make the Rules simple: