Summer is such an opportunity for learning. Often we miss excellent teaching moments though because we get busy or overwhelmed during the summer.
Rather than letting the summer run away with you this year, why not "take the bull by the horns" and turn this summer into special memories and learning experiences?
I've got excellent news too! You can do it all without leaving home!
I do encourage you to teach the children some basic survival skills, like pocket knife safety and safely starting a campfire.
Our children always carry a pocket knife with them. Being on the farm, one never knows when it will come in handy. Age-appropriate is different for each child. Some of ours get one earlier than others.
- Art. Even if you or your children aren't artistically inclined, you can all create some fun arts and crafts over summer. If you need ideas, check the Online Art for Kids Subscription. There's more information below.
- Nature Study. Summer is full of bugs, birds and interesting animals. Get out the field guides to identify the birds and critters they find.
- Garden. Grow some plants. We did plant a few things outside this year, but I'm super excited about getting our first Tower Garden which can be inside or outside. Even if you aren't up for a fully-fledged garden, plant a few flower seeds inside in the window sill or stick a piece of potato or onion in water and watch it grow.
- Camping. Pop the tent up in the back yard or make one out of sheets inside. Let the children set up 'house', sleep in it and even have some meals there!
- Knot Tying. There are tons of resources online to help learn knot tying. Macrame is becoming popular again and there are all kinds of fun things that can be made.
Are you looking for some summer fun? Check out the Online Art for Kids Subscription. It's a library of art courses and projects for children age 5-95, so you can get the whole family involved. And for a limited time, get one week access FREE for your entire family. Host your own art camp at home.
Do your children love art? Do you wish you knew how to paint and draw so you could be creative with them? Introducing the Online Art for Kids Subscription built for the whole family. Spend quality time together, create amazing masterpieces, and build confidence in your creative skills. If you can draw a stick figure, you can learn to paint and draw! Imagine your whole family creating beautiful memories and masterpieces right in your own home.
What Does Online Art for Kids Subscription Include?
This subscription is suitable for students age 5-95. Perfect for the whole family to enjoy together!