I spent the day yesterday doing personality tests with the children. I do this periodically. Why?
1. I like to be understood. I seldom think people understand me and it really bothers me that they judge without understanding where I'm coming from, where I've been, and where I'm going. It's hard for me to realize, it doesn't really matter what people think of me or if they understand. GOD understands me better than I understand myself, so why does it bother me? I'm silly.
2. I like to cater our homeschool to the children's unique needs. Understanding their personalities helps me A LOT.
* Most of our family is Introverted but we have a few children who are Extroverts. I try to pay attention to when the Introverts need alone time and when the Extroverts need to get out and be around people. I've really had to step out of my comfort zone sometimes.
* Most of our family is very Intuitive but a few are relate the world mostly through their Senses, needing facts they can see, hear, smell, taste, & touch. I must respect the depth of the intuition without ignoring cold, hard facts.
* Most of our family is Thinking, rational & logical, but sometimes Feelings call for a more sympathetic & compassionate behavior. Various circumstances will tend to drive us one way or another, but we have to be considerate of each other.
* Most of our family is Perceptive and spontaneous, but some of us thrive on Just management and organized, step-by-step approach. ADHD and other learning challenges tend to Judge everything according to structure, schedule, & routine. When spontaneity takes over, those children struggle. I have to step in and help them see order through the chaos.
If you have conflicts in your family or people you have a hard time getting along with I encourage you to check out these personality tests. They may really help. (Warning: Don't consider this gospel truth. People change with circumstances & time.)