Who posts pictures of dead plants on Instagram? I might just start. I have to say I'm thrilled we got to have Grand-baby #1 today, but what really made my day was a picture of dead plants with this caption:
Today’s tip for the domestically challenged... be sure to label your dead plants! That way people will know what you nearly managed to keep alive and they can visualize what they would have looked like had you actually watered them.
Bless you Tauna! Paul and I got a hearty laugh out of you sharing such a relatable circumstance.
- Physical limitations - If you aren't getting enough sleep, get some rest. If your hormones are fluctuating, get some rest. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, eating fresh foods, and getting enough rest.
- Loose boundaries - You may be overextended or over-scheduled. You may (probably) have a hard time saying "No" when you should. It's okay to say no. It's actually good for you and often, good for others to be told no occasionally.
- Laziness - It happens. We all get a little slothful sometimes. Make sure to check number 1 and 2 before jumping to this one, and DEFINITELY don't let anyone else tell you this is the problem, especially if they are pushing #2... Do something lazy and call it "self-care" then get to work. You'll feel better!
- Put on shoes and shine your sink. I've followed FlyLady for 20+ years and her tips, lessons and resources are timeless and effective.
- De-clutter. Brenda Mason's Downsizing 31 program is a one month simplify your life process that will help you create a clutter-free home oasis.
- Create a personalized cleaning routine. Here's a treat for you, my dear reader, make sure to subscribe for free printable homemaking cards.
- Budget. Seriously, if you have money set aside for improvements, space saving options and the proper tools, your life will get easier. Danielle Tate, The Sex & Money Mrs, can help. Her Believer's Budget e-course is amazing but you can start with her 14-Day Savings Challenge.
- Time management. Start with the kitchen. The kitchen is one of the most time consuming places we spend time in. Let's cut some of that time out for other things! Traditional Cooking School has 14 simple things you can do TODAY to save yourself some time in the kitchen this week.
If this is overwhelming, don't quit. Breathe. It's going to be okay. God has a plan for your life and He will equip you to fulfill it. It's so easy to get bogged down in life's circumstances and challenges.
If you feel stuck right now Kathy Burrus can help. Her UnSticking the STUCK Places free masterclass is for the woman who longs to be doing the things that really matter - to her and to her world. But with each step forward she feels the tension, emotions, push back, and limits that keep her ‘stuck to the floor’. How do we break free of the stuck places and break through to who we really are? Kathy's testimony and insight will help you find things in your life to celebrate.
Dusty Draft: Continue to support next generation. Quit fighting and think about the future...
Why did the large family of turkeys cross the road? While they declined to comment, speculation is they may be preparing for hunting season...
Oklahoma ranks high in civic racial equality - This was a fun story to write. I called on the kindness of several friends as contacts to weigh in on a topic high on the list of recent current events.
Locals hold an event to focus on suicide awareness - A topic close to my heart.
Trash or treasure? The Sod House Museum holding ‘Treasures’ workshop - Antiques!
Area Oklahoma Milk Bank is over two-thirds full of donated breast milk and ready for pick-up! Breast milk for NICU babies.