Style is usually a word I try to stay clear of. I've always resisted being "in style" as far as clothes or home decor. I embrace my uniqueness. I encourage others to do the same, especially our children. It's no fun trying to keep up with or compete with other people. I have a hard enough time "competing" with myself. I constantly want to improve. I don't need the stress of comparing myself with others. This isn't to say I don't enjoy a new fashion occasionally or that some new decor item won't catch my eye. I'll usually think "I can make that", but I'd change or add such-and-such to make it unique and more "My Style". What is my style? Oh, Cowgirl, Farmgirl, Fungirl style! Pinks & Greens, Sunflowers & Daisies, Shabby, Rustic, Sassy girl style...
- Bath or shower? Both... Showers in a hurry, but I love a hot bath with oils & salts.
- Straight or curly hair? Depends on the weather. Why argue with hair?
- Favorite movie? I'm fickle and have a different favorite each week or month. I love Regency, Victorian, & good ol' Westerns. I also like SciFi & medieval/fantasy. I prefer clean and classy, but I'm fairly confident with the fast forward button. The only thing I really can't handle is filthy language or smut.
- Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving or Passover... I don't know if I can choose between them. I do tend to be more sad and thoughtful during Thanksgiving. That might be why the children enjoy Passover more. We also really enjoy Independence Day. I always think I'm going to do a bunch of fun decorating and cook fun things, but I never seem to be organized enough at the time.
- Best year in High School? . . . I. hated. school. period. I loved the academics, lectures and most homework but I hated being around so many people. If I could have gone one day a week to pick up and turn in lessons, I would have. Then I could have had a full time job and that would have thrilled me.
- # of serious relationships (over 1 yr)? What a dumb question. I have been married to the love of my life for over 25 years. I also accepted Jesus as my Savior around 5 years old at VBS. I have fantastic relationships with our children. What more could I ask for?
- Sleep with or w/o a fan? Either, hubby likes one. Sometimes I crave silence.
- Android or iPhone? Andriod. I did have an i4 for a while, sharing it with our second daughter. It worked fine. Hubby and I just have a thing about wanting open source electronic devices so we usually go out of our way to get off brands and see what all we can do with them.
- Texting or calling? Depends on service & if you can speak up for me to hear you. A text is nice because we don't have to drop whatever we are doing to answer. Sometimes it's nice to hear the other person's voice though.
- Facebook or twitter? Both. Facebook is my office, Twitter is my ad space. They are tools of frustration and convenience.
- Favorite type of food? Southern, Chinese, Italian, Mexican... I'm fairly easy to please. I like variety.
- Dream job? Being a homemaker & mother is just AWESOME!
- Favorte pizza? Veggie. No, I'm not a vegitarian. I really do like the veggie pizza best.
- Favorite cake? Chocolate or Carrot. I haven't had a carrot cake in a long time. Maybe we should try to make one this week...
- Talking or fighting? Both. I'm Irish, German, and Native American. That mix is bound to get riled up occasionally. I do prefer quick, decisive, face-to-face communication. I do love a good debate too.
- Night or day? LOL, depends on what needs to be done. I can dance anytime!
- Wine or whiskey? Yuck! Coffee please. or Hot tea, or Hot cocoa... Maybe a lemonaid.
- Summer or Winter? Spring & Fall. I like toasting myself by the fire but I also love going swimming. I live in Oklahoma so anytime of the year we can almost do one on a day and the other the very next day.
- Makeup or no makeup? Depends on my mood. I don't feel like I need it to go out, but I do feel more confident with some.
- Favorite TV show? Little House on the Prairie will be my favorite forever.
- Hair up or down? Variety is the spice of life! I once asked Hubby which he preferred on me and that is the very answer he gave me.
- Jeans or leggings? Leggings under a jean skirt.
- Painted or non painted nails? I seldom have time to paint, but it's fun sometimes. I usually only paint my toenails because it takes less maintenance.
- Favorite color? Pink & Green. I love pastels but I also really like deep jewel tones.
- T-shirt or dress shirt? Both at the same time when the weather allows.
- Flip flops or sneakers? Boots! (Flip-flops give my toes the creeps...) I also LOVE moccasins but usually I wear KEEN sandals now. My aging feet need more support than they use to.
- Big purse or small? Both, I keep the big one in the vehicles & carry the small one with me. The small one must fit in the big one.
- Diamonds or pearls? Both in moderation. I have a lovely string of faux pearls I love to wear with denim shirts. I also have a diamond necklace with one small stone that is just dainty and pretty. That's all I really need to make me feel like a princess. Well, I do have a rhinestone tiara too.
- Favorite animal? Horses, dogs, cats... Do I have to have a favorite?
- Rap or country music? Clean country & pop. I also love hymns & classical. Southern gospel is also wonderful. My playlist is usually a combination of them all with a little reggae mixed in. Again, I like variety!
Really, my style is simple, very simple. I want to look comfortable yet classy and have a home everyone will feel welcomed in. I like to mix things up with fun variety and while I like to be comfortable, I also like to try new things. Now you know a little more about me. If you're on Pinterest come over and follow my "My Style" board too: