It's actually beginning to look like Autumn here in the OK panhandle. I'm thrill we've been blessed with enough rain for things to still be relatively green. Now that the evenings are cooling down, things are slowly starting to change colors. Rather than going from dead brown to more dead brown... We might actually have some golden fall colors this year. The mornings and evenings have been beautiful!
With the change of weather this year has also come a change in our family life. For the first time in our marriage, I have a job outside our home. It's bittersweet for me because, though I'm excited to start this new endeavor, I have always loved being home with our children.
Housework is already something we are in a relative routine on, though it always needs diligent reminding to stay on top of things. No doubt we'll have times we get behind, but I find that to be normal. If you come visit just ignore the extra dust bunnies, pile of unfolded laundry and the messy counter top. We'll get to it... LOL.
Meals were something I really felt we needed to overhaul. It's too easy to get to the end of the day wondering what's for supper. I don't want to be tired from work and have the same problem. I certainly don't want to use this extra income on take-out, though our options here are extremely limited, it is still too expensive for a family of eight. I decided to ask for some recipes and ideas from friends and this may end up being part of my regular blog schedule. I hope you find something you like.
Katie at Paradise Praises has shared some excellent ideas on How to Preserve Favorite Recipes for Future Generations. Someday I'd like to try making recipe scrapbooks for my girls.
- Stroganoff Sunday - I simply mix browned hamburger, condensed cream of chicken soup, cooked & drained egg noodles and sour cream.
- Meatloaf Monday - Last week I used the recipe that came with our Instapot. It was very good.
- Taco Tuesday - This could be any Mexican meal. Soft tacos with flour tortillas are our favorite though.
- Whatever Wednesday - Open for Biscuits and Gravy or Waffles or... whatever. LOL
- Italian Thursday - I couldn't think of any words beginning in "Th" and we love Italian. Spaghetti is the easiest, but we also like pizza and lasagna so I wanted to leave it open in case we feel ambitious.
- Fry Friday - Chicken Fried Steak, Fried Chicken or Hamburgers and French Fries.
- Soup or Stew Saturday - Easy-peasy for Sabbath.
Do you have some favorite recipes and meal time ideas? I'd love to hear them!