The Old Schoolhouse has some wonderful things for homeschooling families. One is this awesome Hey Mama! Print Schoolhouse Planner 2016-2017 I was recently able to review. I love planners. I use a different one nearly every year. (Sometimes I even change every six months!) Sometimes I make my own, sometimes I use free ones from local businesses and sometimes I buy something fun... This planner has a lot of what I look for. The colors are soft, the paper is quality, and the size is excellent for what all is included. It is approximately 8 1/2 x 11" and less than an inch thick with a nice metal spiral binding. My favorite thing is the "Hey Mama" bits of encouragement throughout. These are like sweet notes from a dear friend.
- Year at a glance calendars for 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Months July 2016 - June 2017 in a two page spread with a "Hey Mama" page and a "Notes" page in between each month
- Weekly 2 page spreads with a "Hey Mama" page and a page highlighting a historical homestead tool (with pictures!)
- 180 Day Attendance Charts for 5 children
- Curriculum Planning Sheets with 7 subjects for 5 children
- Homeschooling Contact List page
- Checklist & Skills learned (2 pages, I'm not sure why there aren't 5 of these included too...)
Some things I wish were included:
- A title page for contact information - There's not even a blank page. The inside covers are even filled.
- A place for Mission statement - I believe this is super important for helping keep priorities in perspective throughout the year.
- A place to add thoughts for the conclusion of the year at the end of the book - again there is not one blank page and the inside back cover is filled as well.
These things CAN be added. There is room on the Hey Mama! Print Schoolhouse Planner 2016-2017 title page for contact information, it's just not going to look as nice. I may add a scrapbook label or something. If you're not picky about such things, it won't matter. Each month does have a whole page for notes. I personally just like to have separate pages for the beginning and end of the year. Again, I'll probably cover a page I don't need with scrapbook paper to fill that need.
All in all, this IS an awesome planner and I'm looking forward to using it this coming year. If it sounds like something that would fit your needs click here:
You can also follow The Old Schoolhouse at:
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Google+