The immune system is a wondrous thing. The way God created our bodies to fight sickness and disease is pretty amazing, and kinda gross all at the same time.
Because we have several in our family with allergies to certain medications, I've worked really hard to find natural, alternative remedies.
The best thing we've found though, is to keep boosting and strengthening the immune system.
Several things have come and gone in and out of fashion as far as herbs and supplements, but some things are basic, good-ole common sense.
- Strengthens the skins ability to keep out pathogens/invaders (our first line of defense)
- Strengthens the epithelial cells of the mucous membranes, lungs, bronchial, trachea, (airway)
- Contains Lysozyme, an enzyme with the power to split open bacteria, viruses, yeasts and expose them for the white blood cells
- Encourages growth and strength of cilia in the lungs to move invaders to the mouth to be swallowed for consumption in the acid of the stomach
- Supports the production of white blood cells
- Crucial for the white blood cells to create anti-bodies for our immune system.
- Part of Vitamin A, available for the body to use without being processed first by the liver
- Supports the mucous membranes also our first line of immune defense
- Vitamin C
- Necessary for the formation of collagen to create a strong skin matrix to keep that first line of immune defense
- Empowers white blood cells and promotes the growth of these cells
- Enables white blood cells,phagocytes, to literally kill and eat viruses and bacteria
- Found in citrus fruits and are a catalyst for Vitamin C that converts it to metabolites which super charges the Vitamin C for many functions- as if it is Vit C on steroids.
- Balances the immune system and bolsters it’s ability to fight infection.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10
This has not been the first pandemic to hit the world, and it will not be the last. The SAD, standard American diet has not prepared us for fighting illness of any sort. With all the different auto-immune issues and allergies people face today, I wonder how much is brought on by the processed foods and beverages we take in. Of course, I believe more people should pursue country life. While we definitely don't escape the ravages of this world, I tend to believe our quality of life is much better overall than those stuck in cities.