What is the Liebster Award? It's an honor bloggers give each other as encouragement. "Rules" differ from blog to blog, but the one recently passed to me suggest each recipient:
I was blessed with a nomination byClasses By Beth and these are the questions she asked:
- What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written and why? My very favorite is probably the Craftaholics Anonymous post. It was so much fun to write and I loved the comments I got from my readers & followers.
- Why do you blog? I've always had a journal & scrapbook and loved writing letters to friends and family. Blogging became a natural extension of all that when internet became available. 'I live, therefore I blog!'
- What is your greatest motivation for writing? I'd blow if I didn't let it out...
- What’s the first thing you look for when checking out a new blog? Simplicity, beauty, and encouragement.
- Do you follow a specific schedule or just write when the spirit moves you? A little bit of both... I have a routine that evolves through the seasons of our lives, but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and have to start scribbling the inspiration. Those always end up being my very best...
- What comment are you most thrilled to see from readers? I love it when I touch their hearts and someone leaves a little bit of their own testimony. I also love prayer requests. It really makes me feel like I've been invited into their lives.
- What do you think is the strongest feature of your blog? ...maybe my 'Home' page? I try to have me, my blog, & our local area in a nutshell right on that one page...
- What aspect of your blog do you want to improve this year? I'm adding a third post a week this year plus subscriber freebies!
- What widget do you find to be the most useful? Buttons! I love buttons...
- How often do you read other bloggers’ posts? I'm a skimmer so I go through a few each day, but about once a week I really sit down and read one or two as well.
My nominees are .... (Drumroll)
My questions for these ladies are:
- What's your favorite thing to blog about (other than your children)?
- What time of day do you usually blog?
- How often do your children inspire what you write?
- What is the best way your husband has supported your blogging?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What is your favorite design feature on your blog?
- What is the best thing you've reviewed for your blog?
- Have you ever forgotten to eat when you are writing?
- What's your least favorite thing about blogging?
- How does God speak to you through your blog?