Online Christian Filmmakers Academy was not quite what we expected. The behind the scenes technical information in this course is amazing. Family Gravity Media, a division of Families For Christ Ministries, Inc. has done an awesome job of making sure we have all the information to accumulate and use all the proper equipment to make a professional quality film. Going through this class, the children definitely have a renewed respect for all the work and knowledge that goes into a good quality film. (As well as the financial investment needed...)
- The Camera
- Cinematography and Lighting
Things we have:
- C-47 (Which is clothespins, but you're not supposed to call them clothespins on set...)
- C-74 (Which is rigged with the wood in the spring backward... Thanks soooooo much guys! Now my children are having fun reworking my clothespins!)
Things on our wishlist:
- Softbox Light (This would also be a big help to Kristyn for puppy pictures.)
- Photo Reflectors (I would like to have these for our homeschool "class pictures" each year...)
- Barndoor Continuous Lighting Kit with stands & Color Gel Sheets (No, this really has nothing to do with the barn for the animals... It's actually a pretty cool set of tools to help make some awesome images.)
Other bonus things included in Online Christian Filmmakers Academy are documents, templates, interviews & quizzes.
The children have a lot of great ideas to do some fun things with what they've learned through this program. Our little video camera definitely wasn't the best for this. The 13 & 15 year olds put together this little video. The 13 year old brother was more interested in arranging legos and if you could hear the background noises of the 15 year old's oooos & awwws of the puppies & kitten... Well, it's totally NOT professional but hopefully it shows a little bit of what they learned.