- I like skirts and dresses. Yes I do. I didn't get to wear them much as a child and dreamed of having a closet full of pretty dresses. Dresses and skirts make me feel pretty, feminine, and special. I like that a lot.
- Great-Grandma wore skirts. Maybe this isn't the best reason. There have been some women in my life who made an impression on me. She was a major one. She was Holiness. She was patient and kind with me. She talked to me about Jesus and the Bible. She fed me sugar cookies and pie. And... she let me play dress-up in her old dresses. Dresses looked good on her and I am built like she was. Wearing dresses to me is a simple reminder and show of respect and honor to her memory.
- Skirts are comfortable to me. In summer they are cooler and in winter they are warmer. I wear biker shorts under in summer and long leggings in winter. When it's windy, I wear straight skirts that don't blow. When it's muddy, I wear rubber boots with them. I like comfort.
When I don't wear skirts:
- Working cattle. Never know when you might need to climb a fence FAST! A skirt could be dangerous.
- When it is EXTREMELY windy. This is Oklahoma. Sometimes it feels like even a pair of jeans might blow off!
- Climbing on the roof or big truck. Peek-a-boo! Even with leggings, hubby is NOT cool with this. Again it can be dangerous as well.
I purchased the skirts in the scrapbook page above at HannahLise. They are my absolute favorite skirts. They are affordable, practical, and durable. I also wear my hair up with Lilla Rose Flexi-clips. They come in SEVEN different sizes to fit all hair types.
A new online friend of mine has started a nifty link-up. Most link-ups I've found have been weekly, and I just can't fit an extra post a week into my routine right now. Some link-ups are occasional, and I have a hard time remembering them until it's too late. Dusty has decided to make this link-up quarterly to go with the seasons. I can do that! Yay! Please pop over and see what other Skirt-wearing gals have to say, and check out some of the fun and beautiful "fashion" ideas they have. Even if you aren't a Skirty-Lady, you might find some fun ideas!
Please visit the other beautiful hostesses:
Dusty at To the Moon and Back
Erin at For Him and My Family
Laura at Raising Soldiers 4 Christ
Kyndra at Sticks, Stones, and Chicken Bones
Selena at Look! We're Learning!
Anya at Sceleratus Classical Academy
Cynthia at Cynce's Place
Melissa at Life Off the Paved Road
Hilary at Our Homeschool Studio
Annette at In All You Do